It has been more than 4 years since Microsoft has launched the final version of Windows to its users but the figure is still not close to the expected 1 billion target Pc’s by the company. Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8 users in 1st year of its launch i.e. up to 29th July 2019. Looking at the fewer number of upgrades on the board, Microsoft has decided to stretch the free offer period for the users of assistive technologies but that too was not able to raise the number of upgrades.
Officially, from Microsoft, the free upgrade is no longer available but Windows 7 and 8 user always manages to get a free upgrade of Windows 10. It might happen that Microsoft intentionally left a loophole to welcome the users to upgrade to Windows 10.
Let us tell you the workaround to upgrade your PCs to Windows 10 for free.
How to Get The Free Windows 10 Upgrade in 2019?
- Start with downloading the ‘Media Creation Tool’ from Microsoft’s official website.
- Install and run the tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose between the options – upgrade for your own PC or create installation media for another machine.
- Finally, install Windows 10. Make sure your PC is connected to the internet and restart your PC.
- Also, Make sure to use the latest update of the ‘Media Creation Tool’ which is Windows 10 1909.
- So, after you restart your PC, go to Settings ⮞ Update and Security ⮞ Activation.
- In the resultant dialog box, you will see the confirmation message read as “Windows 10 is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account.”
Another important thing to note down here is Microsoft fetch the same edition like that of your older Windows version. Say if your PC was running in Windows 8 Home, then your PC will be upgraded to Windows 10 Home and not Pro. The majority of the user feedback was positive and they have successfully installed Windows 10 on their PCs.
How Does Windows 10 Upgrade Help?
A computer is a machine that needs to be updated frequently, otherwise, they become vulnerable and slow. So the biggest benefit for updating Windows 10 on your PC is that you gain access to a lot of new features like Timeline, UWP apps, etc. It is a golden opportunity to grab in else you have to invest 140$ in the future.
Those who are still stuck with the old Windows 7, must go-ahead to upgrade the PC to Windows 10 because, by January 2020, Microsoft will officially shut down Windows 7 operation. The Company has already stopped providing updates to Windows 7 several years ago.
Maybe in the near future, Microsoft will also apply brakes for security updates for Windows 7. And upgrading the system has no harm. So, it is suggested to download the Free update of Windows 10 as soon as possible as it will save you from the hassle later on.